It is a new month and Bethesda is keeping themselves busy as always, bringing a fresh update to one of their latest games; Fallout 4. The latest update for the game ‘Update 1.6’ is live as of now on the PC version of the game with the Xbox One version coming next week. A PlayStation version of the update has not been given a release date however Bethesda stated that they “will update as soon as we have new information“.
Update 1.6 is designed towards fixing many of the current bugs in the title however new features have also been included:
When the player exits to the Main Menu the game will create a file labeled ‘ExitSave’ where it will delete itself the next time the game is loaded from the save. ExitSave will be in all difficulties of the game including Survival.
Update 1.6 will also include support for upcoming Add Ons as well as Add On specific icons located within Workshop mode. On top of the add on support, 300 names will be included to Codsworth’s vocabulary allowing more and more people to create their character with their own names.
With many of the issues of performance worked on in the update, it will increase the general stability of the game. Crashes related to targeting an Enemy Weapon while in VATS have also been fixed as well as other minor bugs related to the Mods loading order and Mod browser. Other issues that have been fixed include:
- An issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run.
- During “Mankind Redefined” the player would get stuck in elevators while in the Mass Fusion Building
- In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
- The occasional issue where the player would become permanently invisible
- Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
- Deleting saved games will no longer cause other saves to disappear
- Problems with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net have been fixed
Creation Kit 1.6 Update
Not only were we graced with just an update to Fallout 4 this week but we were lucky enough to get an update with one for Fallout 4’s Creation Kit also rolling out this week fixing a few bugs and adding general stability improvements:
- Source scripts for Contraptions have been added (found in \Source\DLC05)
- Base scripts have been updated
- Changing data files and existing the Creation Kit no longer causes crashes
- An issue with body text fields not saving properly for terminals has been fixed
- Rendering issues for skin textures for actors in user-created files have been fixed. (Face data for actors in mods no longer use archived actor meshes and textures. These files are still generated by the Creation Kit but are no longer used and do not need to be archived.)
- Material files have been added to the list of valid files for archiving
Bethesda – Fallout Dev Notes